Tuesday, June 1, 2010

eBay employees committing fraud.

In my time at eBay, I personally reported employees that were defrauding their own company, and ripping off eBay members.

One of these people was a fellow named Webster L. He worked in general support, and because they were often short staffed, he ended up being cross-trained in many different areas of support.

He was also an overtime addict, and in fact won one of the big OT contests that eBay often ran, winning a prize in excess of $500.

I became suspicious of Webster one night when working a graveyard shift. I noticed him walking in an area far away from where he worked, glancing at all the desks as he walked by. During his time at eBay many people's possessions were stolen, such as Ipods and the like, and although he was never caught doing this, I had my suspicions.

So, I looked up his own personal eBay account. What I found was quite astonishing. He was using his own support log in to go into his own account and remove negative feedbacks that he had received! Most of these negatives were for ripping off his buyers.

Apparently a few of his friends at eBay knew this was going on, and they thought it was funny. Like he was beating "the man".

I reported his actions through our anonymous phone line, and sure enough he never worked another shift for eBay.

Sadly, he wasn't the worst.

No comments:

Post a Comment